My Name Is Eileen. I Am A Freakazoid. Hello.
... *poke* ... *sniff* ... *poke* ...
Thursday, January 27, 2005

the blind cock

my mother just told me that this chinese new year, it will be the start of the year of the blind rooster.

so, because of fengshui reasons, i must wear RED on the first day.


why?! if the rooster is blind, then what color i wear also no difference right? he cant see what! how will he know what color i wear?!

not that i have anything against red, of course. i happen to quite like red clothes. and i can always just wear the red cheongsam halter top from last year's CNY.

wait. cannot leh. mother say must be NEW CLOTHES. aiyah.

its just silly.

in my family, we've long since stopped adhering to the tradition of looking like walking, talking, human ang pows for CNY. as long as we dont wear black on the first day, my mother is appeased.

sigh. at least now i now which side of the family i get my superstitious-ness and pantang-ness from.

hmm.

next year, i'm going to tell my mother that its the year of the GOTH / VAMPIRE / WITCH DOG - so must wear BLACK.

or the BANANA DOG year - must wear YELLOW.

or the PSYCHEDELIC RAINBOW HIPPIE DOG year - must wear retro prints / bright colors / 60's style clothes (even underwear also!!)

bwahahahaha!


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com